Thursday, June 01, 2006

Explanation

I guess I should offer an explanation for my last post, and also as to the whereabouts of where I have been for the last 2 weeks, at least I think that is how long it has been since my last post. Firstly as to why I was so down recently, a few weeks ago, I had received notice that I had passed the Torrance Police Department entrance exam, yay for me because I was not htat confident on my results, they then wanted me to fly back out to Torrance and participate in the first oral examinationm nervously I agreed, and flew out and had my interview, again I was not that confident on theresults of the interview, it was a tough interview, and I was very nervous, definitely not my normal smooth, suave, james bond self. I was told I would I would receive the results in a few days, and if succesful I would have to fly out again the next week for the physical. Now these impromptu trips are niot getting any cheaper, and on top of that I have to take time of work, and lastly I hate flying. Well a few days pass and I receive the results for my oral and written tests, turns out I scored an 89.4 % not to shabby if I do say so, but it would have been nicer if I had scored that 90% and recieved an A, or as Torrance PD calls it a Band 1. So I book my flight, arrange for more time off from work and toddle on back to SoCal. On the plane I looked at my scores again, and saw that something did not add up correctly, so I did the math of my combined scores, and it turns out that I am Band 1, Go Future it's your birthday!
Next day I am ready to take the physical, first test we have is to scale a wall and sprint to a finish line, I try to be superman and hurdle the wall, what happens as soon as I land I feel my left knee go on me, FUCK, my knee hurts but I am so hopped up on caffeine and adrenaline that I am able to continue with the tests. To cut a long story short, I ended up getting the hignest score in the physical out of all the applicants, I am ecstatic but i know that my knee is messed up.
Next day I go for my pre background interview, everything seems to be going fine, I have done a couple of these so I know the routine, be as honest as possibe, I admit to all of my past transgression, all ONE of them in the last ten years, then the personnel sargent says I am not Torrance material. Not Torrance material, what the fuck does that mean, i scored the highest in the physical with a fucked up knee, and I think I was the only applicant to score a band 1 out of all the applicants who qualified for the physical. i am pretty dissapointed after spending all that money to fly out, and take the time of the work. And on top of that i need a knee surgery.
Next dissapointment to hit me,I meet a girl at a club, we hit it off, she seems cool, she tells me to hit her up from her myspace page, I check her myspace page, and I find out she has a boyfriend and 2 kids. Why is she flriting with me?????? Why am I prone to all of this dissapointment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home