Saturday, April 15, 2006

Back in the Mini Apple

Ok finally back, and I am surrounded by MY modern comforts, Internet access, cable TV, Xbox360, and last but not least my puppy. This last trip to SoCal was probably my worst one ever. It starts off with another airline story from hell. On this last trip I had some more law enforcement tests to take, and I was planning on going to the mountains for a few days of snowboarding. With this plan in hand I decided to bring my snowboard with me. So you now have the setting for my upcoming trip. Thursday night I leave Minneapolis and make my way to the City of Angels, here lies my first problem, I arrive in LA, my suitcase arrives in LA minus a foot, but my snowboard is nowhere to be found. Ok I can deal with this luggage gets misplaced all the time, especially mine, it will be on the next flight and they will ship it to me, I am still calm.
Friday, I meet with my background investigator, and discuss a few skeletons in my closet, still no snowboard, I am getting a little concerned, I call the airline, and they say it should be on the next flight, mutha fuckin liars.
Saturday, I take another polygraph, pass this one without any hitches, but I still disbelive the validity of these tests. Ok i was supposed to leave for the mountains after my test, but no snowboard. So i wait one more day.
Sunday I decide thats it I'm going i can rent some shitty equipment when i get there, i drive to Santa Monica to pick up my snowboarding buddies, just as i arrive at the door,I receive a phone call, my asshole friends are baling on me at the last moment, after I have just driven up from huntington beach to pick up their punk asses. I am so pissed off I drive back down to HB, and hang out with my friend's daughter. It's amazing how kids can make you feel better about yourself.
Monday, I still have not heard about my snowboard, I call the airlines AGAIN. I am now livid, how fucking hard is it to find a six foot fucking bag. I am beside myself with rage, I tell the manager that I need my snowboard, i am going boarding tomorrow.
Tuesday, I arise nice and early, pack a bag and take off for the mountains. Once there I find a rental store and rent some equipment, my first run of the day, and I see that the equipment that was rented to me was absolute horseshit, the board had no edges, and the bindings were not secure, I spent my first run on my ass the whole way down. I check out the rental store at the mountain, and they have high end rental gear for rent, I rent their equipment, and am able to have a better time boarding, except for the annoying drizzzle, which kept on threatening to turn into rain. I'm all ready to stay the night and board again tomorrow, except the forecast is rain for tomorrow. FUUUUCCCKKK, i head back to HB to chill for the rest of the week.
Tuesday evening, I recieve a phone call from the OC sherrif dept. they want me to test on Wednesday for their department, cool, I am like OC better than LA anyways, but that is a vent for another day. I also got another phonecall, which turned out to be the highlight of my week.
I am a member of an online dating site, and I recieve a phonecall from one of the girls I am interested in, I have to say things were really good with this young lady, we connected on so many issues, our conversations were funny, we talked for 5 hours that night!
Wednesday, I take the OC test, and aced that, I meet with my OC background investigator, tell him about my past indiscretions, I never thought that this stuff would ever come up to haunt me. After all my testing I return to HB. Later on that day I recieve a call from the sheriffs dept, I am sorry but due to past drug usage, I must wait a year before applying, ah well cest la vie. I guess this is the price I must pay for stupid peer pressure incidents. I chat with online girl again for 2 hours. Oh yeah my snowboard finally showed up, after my trip ended.
Thursday, I have the Torrance PD police test. Wow, this was the toughest police test I have taken so far. hopefully i did well on this test,but we will find out soon enough. I did not do anything for the rest of the time, except chat with online girl the whole time.
Sunday, I am finally getting ready to come back home, at the airport I run into an associate who I used to bounce with, nice guy, but just a little strange, and he is a close talker, freaky!
Monday A.M I arrive in Minneapolis, and goto pick up my snowboard from the office, aarrrgghhh they ruined my snowboard bag, ruined my suitcase, and lost my luggage. The only good thing to come of this trip was a phonecall from a girl who lives in Minneapolis.
What a god awful trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

I'm sorry things turned out so shitty. I'm glad you're back in one piece and hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for the testing.

4/17/2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home