Thursday, March 02, 2006

Lent and my sacrifice Day 1

Ok it is 7:30 and I am already starting to go through withdrawal symptoms, at the suggestion of my partner in crime, Nicee, I have decided to forego red meat for the period of Lent, I think this is a big enough sacrifice, and still attainable unlike some other habits which I would have no chance of giving up (I swear my hairy palms are a birth defect). I am already feeling the effects of no steak bagel or roast beef bagel for breakfast. I could always eat cereal, but damnit where is the satisfaction in that. To me cereal has always been the food which you eat late at night, whilst watching TV, not something which gives you great oral satisfaction after fasting the night away. OK 39 more days to go, and I was supposed to do a Korean BBQ tomorrow night.

We will be united, be patient my secret love.

5 Comments:

Blogger AngieMD2007 said...

korean bbq isn't fast food...so you can eat up and pretend it's a McRib sandwich - yum yum!

3/02/2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

go with chicken - white meat is your friend.
or, or - pork! the other white meat.

3/02/2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

come on...God won't care if you take an itty bitty bite of that chicken select...come on...he said it would be okay...

3/02/2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

mmmmm - nuggets.

3/02/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger The Future said...

Im not giving up white meat, just red meat, I need to get protein somehow, and not the way seahag gets hers

3/02/2006 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home