Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines Day

Now I know a lot of my fellow bloggers out there really dislike V-day, and I really can understand where they are coming from, yes I agree we should treat our loved ones special every day, yes I agree that it is a slap in the face to those of us who are single (yes I am one of them), yes it is a "holiday" perpetuated by hallmark. But in all honesty, it feels nice to receive a card, chocolate, special trinket, whatever floats your boat, on this day. Not to say that we cannot do the same thing on other days, but having a special day set aside for this is really not that bad of a thing. If i had somebody right now, I would shower that person with affection, and I would not feel guilty about it. But now that is out of the way on to my V-day. I received a couple of gifts from my students and I participated in a secret valentine at work. The amount of candy i received today would give a dentist a heart attack, I may develop diabetes if I keep on munching on all this crap. From my secret Valentine I received some Mexican peanuts, which tasted like ass ( go figure, white people, see link), and a pizza for lunch. I never thought that I could put on so much weight in one day because of a freakin holiday which wasn't Xmas or Thanksgiving. Hopefully next year I will have my own valentine.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

weight.

2/15/2006 1:12 AM  
Blogger AngieMD2007 said...

here's hoping NEXT v-day will be better for you...you're such a sweet guy and i'm sure you'll find someone.

2/16/2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

well, you can laugh at the fact that my sister got carnations and baby's breath for valentine's day from her bf.
is it just me or does that not scream funeral. i just don't know.

2/16/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger wouldn't it be good said...

I was told your blog is well written with a touch of sass. I've been reading your previous posts, pretty entertaining dude. did you find a special someone for this past V-day? mine was gawd awful. luckily - we are no longer together.

4/17/2007 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home