Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The end of an era

So today was the last day of school for me, normally a time filled with joy knowing that I will not have any school resposibilites for the next 2.5 months. Now dont get me wrong, I love my job, I really do like this school which I am teaching at rt now, but over the last year i have actively trying to change careers. Today as I am driving back to school from a field trip I helped out on, I realised that today could quite possibly be the last day that I ever teach. It finally dawned on me that the job which I have wanted to do since I was a child, and which I went to college for, and a job which I did well could well be coming to an end. A strange occurence also happened tonight, I am sitting at the Red Dragon enjoying a non alcoholic beverage, and chatting with the biggest myspace whore on my friend list, when a student who I taught my first year of teaching walks in and sits down for a drink. Weird on the day when I am contemplating ending my career, a student from the beginning appears. Is this a sign?